Curry Chicken and Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (7.2 ounces) rice pilaf mix
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen peas (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted cashews
- In a large saucepan, bring water and oil to a boil. Stir in pilaf mix, the contents of its seasoning packet, and curry powder. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes and peas. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes longer or until liquid is almost absorbed and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cashews.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 31, 2018
Jul 18, 2017
Looks easy and delicious,I will try it soon
Jul 8, 2016
I precooked a chicken breast for the chicken, used regular canned tomatoes and sprinkled some chile powder on top. This is a simple and flavorful dish for dinner. A keeper!
Apr 20, 2016
This is simple and good. Has been added to the dinner rotation.
May 19, 2015
Tasty, quick, well flavored. We will definitely have this again.