Chicken Curry for Two
I love to try new recipes for my husband and me, and I actually have cookbooks and recipes from all over the world. When I find a recipe that's well-received, I make a copy and put it in a protective sleeve in a loose-leaf binder. I now have quite a few huge binders!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup water, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- Hot cooked rice
- Place onion and 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, apple, raisins, garlic, curry, ginger, salt and onion. Combine the flour, bouillon and remaining water; pour over chicken mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Bring sour cream to room temperature. Remove chicken mixture to a bowl; keep warm. Transfer juices to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and sour cream until smooth; add to juices. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onion and serve with rice.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 354 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Curry in Reminisce Extra September 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.