Curried Rice & Noodles
As the head cook at a girls camp, I have to make a vegetarian option for each meal. This one is a favorite! —Debbie Fleenor, Monterey, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 ounces uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta, broken into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- In a small saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, red pepper and garlic; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until squash is crisp-tender. Stir in curry powder, ginger and pepper flakes. Add rice and pasta; drizzle with soy sauce, lime juice and sesame oil. Heat through, tossing to combine. Stir in green onions, cashews and cooked eggs.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 360 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.