Chicken and Rice Chow Mein
I sometimes make this recipe with leftover chicken and rice. My children keep me running most of the day, so a quick casserole for dinner helps smooth out bumps in our schedule.—Beth Pallwitz, Tacoma, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, celery and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the soup, soy sauce and ginger; cook and stir until bubbly. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with noodles. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until noodles are crisp.