Creamy Chow Mein Chicken
Looking for something different to take to potlucks? Look no further. With this tasty alternative, Mary Edwards of Vacaville, California turns basic pantry items into a tempting Asian delight.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Sprinkle half of the chow mein noodles into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, soups, milk, water chestnuts, mushrooms and cashews. Spoon over the noodles; top with remaining noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 339 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Chow Mein Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 2001