Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and chopped
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery and carrot in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute more. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken, spinach and cheese. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 408 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 1324mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 2, 2015
Simple and very good. The Brie makes this taste so rich!A keeper.
Sep 29, 2014
I really enjoyed this soup and the leftovers reheated well. This recipe is a keeper.
Dec 23, 2012
This was so easy to make and very tasty. Love it!