Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup
It's easy to entice kids of all ages to eat their veggies when they appear in a creamy chicken soup created in our Test Kitchen. Brie cheese adds a delightfully mild flavor.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed and chopped
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery and carrot in butter until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute more. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken, spinach and cheese. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 408 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 1324mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Soup in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Jun 2, 2015
Simple and very good. The Brie makes this taste so rich!A keeper.
Sep 29, 2014
I really enjoyed this soup and the leftovers reheated well. This recipe is a keeper.
Dec 23, 2012
This was so easy to make and very tasty. Love it!