Creamy Chicken with Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons oil in batches for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the soups, cream, wine or broth and chili powder until blended; heat through. Stir in 1/4 cup parsley.
- Drain noodles; serve with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 374 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Nov 11, 2014
This was really good. I used the Marsala and I'm glad I did; I don't think it would have had much flavor with the broth. I also left out the mushrooms and substituted Cream of Celery for the Cream of Mushroom.
Aug 16, 2014
I will try this again, but with a better brand of chicken I think. I used the cheap, low value chicken breast and my chicken was rubbery. Maybe cooked it too long? I don't believe it was the recipe's fault, but mine. The sauce was good! I used broth instead of wine. I'll try it again!
Jan 9, 2014
This one gets 5 stars for quick and easy. We are not a fan of Marsala wine so I used chicken stock instead. Family really liked it. I was afraid it might have a processed taste to it with 2 cans of soup but it didn't. I did sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder on the chicken before cooking it. I will be making this again especially when I need something quick. Thanks for sharing.
Jul 23, 2011
Good meal and easy to make.
Dec 3, 2010
Even my kids love this!
Jan 22, 2010
My husband and I really liked the taste of the sauce in this recipe. I used the marsala wine instead of the chicken broth, kept the sauce warm on the stove, it did thicken, but was still really good. I will be making this recipe again with family and friends. Thank you Donna for sharing.
Nov 7, 2008
My family did not like this dish. The chicken had no flavor and the sauce was bland. Will not make again. :(
Sep 24, 2008
My family really enjoyed this dish. Will make again...Pretty much stuck to recipe.Really good.