Chicken and Noodles with Mushroom Sauce
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter; drain. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, mushrooms, wine, garlic powder, salt and pepper; pour over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve chicken and sauce with noodles or rice. Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1036mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 23, 2016
I didn't use the mushrooms and used chicken broth. I used a garlic spice, and I just felt it lacked some punch. Used whole wheat egg noodles. I think next time I'll use cream cheese instead just to make the sauce a bit thicker.
Sep 9, 2015
I made this for a large group of people (I tripled the recipe) and everyone loved it; even the kids!
Feb 11, 2014
Very easy. I served it with stove top stuffing and used the sauce over stuffing. Made it super simple.
Jul 20, 2010
I've made this recipe many times. We love it served over rice. This is my teenaged daughter's favorite dish!
Apr 7, 2009
This is delicious! I left out the mushrooms and almonds though. I will be putting this into the rotation.