Creamy Chicken and Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 each medium green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion, julienned
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter. Set aside; discard drippings. In the same skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining butter for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms and broccoli; cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Add soup, sour cream, salt, pepper and rosemary; stir to mix. Spread half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add chicken; top with remaining vegetable mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until bubbly and chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 353 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 863mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Feb 21, 2017
Great easy recipe...very tasty. I cut the recipe in half and substituted canned mushrooms instead of fresh mushrooms, California blend frozen veggies instead of frozen broccoli, condensed cream of mushroom soup instead of condensed cream of broccoli soup, dried thyme instead of dried rosemary and omitted the green and red pepper to use what I had on hand and accommodate personal taste......and it turned out fantastic. Oh I almost forgot, I went generous on the sour cream and added a bit of shredded Colby jack cheese.
Jul 12, 2015
Very good all in one dinner. Since I like a lot of sauce, I may double the sour cream and cream of broccoli soup the next time that I make this dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.