Creamy Chicken and Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or broth and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, chicken, capers, salt and pepper to cream sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 431 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Sep 3, 2017
Really good for a simple dinner with just garlic bread on the side. I made this exactly as written except for leaving out the mushrooms because I don't like them.
Nov 12, 2016
Loved it. Didn't use the capers and added mushrooms and broccoli. Was very good.
Oct 28, 2015
I rarely comment on recipes but I had to this time. The capers completely ruined this for me! Unless you know for sure that you LOVE them....dont do it! I made it a second time because I had all the stuff....and it was delish. I threw in a few handfuls of dried cranberries and pumpkin pie spice and it was amazing!
Jun 16, 2015
The best pasta i ever made
Apr 19, 2015
Great recipe! I added peas and carrots to make it more kid friendly.
Jan 21, 2015
"Delicious!" said by my daughter and husband. Very simple and awesome recipe! Must try!
Jan 15, 2015
I saw many other,Creamy Chicken Pasta recipe website but your explanation and the presentation is the best, the other day i made this recipe by seeing your blog ,it came out very well and very tasty also...After made this i plain to publish this.so everybody it was my humble request to u all please,please,please try this and gave your feedback so i ill come to know how i make..http://allyummydish.blogspot.in/2015/01/creamy-chicken-pasta.html
Dec 1, 2014
This recipe was the best pasta dish I've ever made and I've made a lot over the years. I embellished a little and garnished with a few finely chopped chives, delicious.
Apr 25, 2014
Excellent flavor!!! I used shrimp instead of chix. Will try using chix next time. Would've liked more sauce for the pasta
Apr 4, 2014
Very tasty pasta dish! I'm glad I doubled the recipe because everybody wanted seconds!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.