Creamy Chicken and Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or broth and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta. Add the pasta, chicken, capers, salt and pepper to cream sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 431 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 3, 2017
Really good for a simple dinner with just garlic bread on the side. I made this exactly as written except for leaving out the mushrooms because I don't like them.
Nov 12, 2016
Loved it. Didn't use the capers and added mushrooms and broccoli. Was very good.
Oct 28, 2015
I rarely comment on recipes but I had to this time. The capers completely ruined this for me! Unless you know for sure that you LOVE them....dont do it! I made it a second time because I had all the stuff....and it was delish. I threw in a few handfuls of dried cranberries and pumpkin pie spice and it was amazing!
Jun 16, 2015
The best pasta i ever made
Apr 19, 2015
Great recipe! I added peas and carrots to make it more kid friendly.
Jan 21, 2015
"Delicious!" said by my daughter and husband. Very simple and awesome recipe! Must try!
Jan 15, 2015
I saw many other,Creamy Chicken Pasta recipe website but your explanation and the presentation is the best, the other day i made this recipe by seeing your blog ,it came out very well and very tasty also...After made this i plain to publish this.so everybody it was my humble request to u all please,please,please try this and gave your feedback so i ill come to know how i make..http://allyummydish.blogspot.in/2015/01/creamy-chicken-pasta.html
Dec 1, 2014
This recipe was the best pasta dish I've ever made and I've made a lot over the years. I embellished a little and garnished with a few finely chopped chives, delicious.
Apr 25, 2014
Excellent flavor!!! I used shrimp instead of chix. Will try using chix next time. Would've liked more sauce for the pasta
Apr 4, 2014
Very tasty pasta dish! I'm glad I doubled the recipe because everybody wanted seconds!!