Chicken with Noodles and Gravy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 2 teaspoons dried celery flakes
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. Place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, gravy mix and seasonings; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Cook noodles according to package directions; serve with chicken and sauce.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 606 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 2296mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Sep 9, 2014
This recipe is a bit on the spicy side if you have family members who are sensitive to spicy foods. I served mine over rice and layered it with mixed vegetables.
Mar 27, 2014
Simple to make and delicious on the table. Definitely a keeper - especially for those long days at work when you need something yummy to come home to.