Chicken with Noodles and Gravy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 2 teaspoons dried celery flakes
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. Place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, gravy mix and seasonings; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Cook noodles according to package directions; serve with chicken and sauce.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 606 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 2296mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Sep 9, 2014
This recipe is a bit on the spicy side if you have family members who are sensitive to spicy foods. I served mine over rice and layered it with mixed vegetables.
Mar 27, 2014
Simple to make and delicious on the table. Definitely a keeper - especially for those long days at work when you need something yummy to come home to.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.