Chicken and Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine rice and water. In a large bowl, combine the soups, soup mix and peas; stir into rice mixture. Spread over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with parsley. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 358 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1080mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Jul 29, 2014
Add lemon juice and spice up the chicken and rice mixture with seasoning blends like dill or Italian or Greek.
Aug 21, 2012
Had no taste - very bland!!!!!
Jan 19, 2010
We make this recipe on a regular basis at our house. We chunk the chicken before cooking so when it's time to eat, we don't have to go around cutting the kids' meat. An easy, inexpensive, tasty meal that keeps our family of 7 coming back for more.