Mexican Chicken and Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken green pepper and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the corn, broth, salsa, salt, chili powder if desired and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 381 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Oct 16, 2019
So easy to make and so delicious. Great meal for a cool, fall day.
Jul 16, 2019
Was surprised by this one as I was just expecting it to be ok, but it was pretty good. I added just a little bit of cumin, juice from half a lime, and used 1.5 cups of cheese on top.
Jun 25, 2019
I love this recipe! I used hamburger and omitted the cheese!!!! Delish and quick!
Dec 12, 2015
After eating this, I scheduled an urgent and elaborate surgery that will prevent me from having a bowel movement for the next 3 months. I am jealous of the toilet that will eventually swallow the remains of this incredible meal.
Jul 30, 2014
Used Chipotle salsa, extra chili powder and cumin. DELICIOUS, fast & easy with things usually on hand! Thanks!
Nov 24, 2013
Very boring. It's good enough to cook and eat if you're tired or lazy, but nothing really impressive at all.
Oct 13, 2013
We found this dish to be okay, but nothing spectacular! Sorry. Won't make again.
Jul 22, 2013
Very quick and easy and very good!
Jun 19, 2013
so great and very forgiving! i didn't have the onion corn or cheese and it was still great. my guys are very picky. its gone!
Mar 29, 2013
Fast and easy and delicious!