Spanish Chicken and Rice
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and shake until well coated. In a skillet, brown chicken in butter over medium heat. Remove chicken; set aside and keep warm.
- In the pan drippings, saute onion, green pepper and garlic until tender. Add pimientos and rice. Reduce heat; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth, turmeric, chili powder and remaining salt; bring to a boil.
- Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish; top with chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 466 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 1909mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Mar 24, 2016
This is a perfect recipe for company, easy to put together ahead of time ,then bake for dinner. The rice is so good I could eat just that for a meal! i did submit 5 stars but it dosen't seem to show in my review.
Dec 23, 2012
I love this recipe for Spanish Chicken. It tastes so much like something my Mexican Nana would make. First time I made this it was too salty for my preference. Since then I have omitted the salt and it comes out perfect for my family and me.
Jan 21, 2009
delicious! I made this for my boyfriend and it was fast and easy. We both loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.