Chicken Taco Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Optional Toppings: reduced-fat sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, pepper and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the broth, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice and corn.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional toppings): 485 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1535mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Aug 10, 2013
May 30, 2012
I made this a couple of weeks ago. My family loved it. My husband asked me to make it again for dinner tonight!
Apr 16, 2012
My guys loved this! I left out the green pepper because it bothers my husband's stomach. I didn't happen to have canned broth around, so I used bouillon. It still came out great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.