Chicken Taco Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Optional toppings: Reduced-fat sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, pepper and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the broth, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice and corn.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional toppings): 485 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1535mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 10, 2013
May 30, 2012
I made this a couple of weeks ago. My family loved it. My husband asked me to make it again for dinner tonight!
Apr 16, 2012
My guys loved this! I left out the green pepper because it bothers my husband's stomach. I didn't happen to have canned broth around, so I used bouillon. It still came out great!