Cashew Chicken with Broccoli
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup salted cashews, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in 1/2 cup of cashews. Sprinkle with remaining cashews.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 24, 2012
I have always liked what I cooked from taste of home recipes, however, not this time. It lacked flavor.
Aug 8, 2009
I love this recipe. I have always had better luck if I cook the rice first though. When I made it with uncooked rice some of the rice didn't cook all the way.