Broccoli-Chicken Rice Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a Dutch oven, combine milk, broth and dressing mix; bring to a boil. Add broccoli; cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in process cheese until melted. Add rice and chicken; heat through, stirring occasionally.
May 25, 2016
Did not really like this. Very bland. Not sure what we did wrong. I can never make cheese soup though. :(
Jan 11, 2014
I loved the idea of usnig up things that I usually have. i did use 2% milk and reduced calorie Veveeta to save some calories, but have to say this was really easy, quick and delish.
Jan 5, 2014
This is quite tasty and easy to make. The Ranch mix gives it a nice flavor. I added extra broccoli, which made it nice and hardy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.