Chicken Wild Rice Soup with Spinach
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours
Makes6 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, mix the first 8 ingredients until blended. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until rice is tender.
- Stir in chicken and spinach. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, about 15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 212 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 523mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jan 9, 2020
I was looking for a Chicken and Rice Soup with Spinach, but wanted to make it quickly so I cooked it on the stove top in my soup pot. I used cooked Jasmine rice from the freezer. I sauteed the garlic and chopped red bell pepper in olive oil before adding the other ingredients. I used a 12.5 oz can of chopped chicken, and omitted the can of chicken broth. It had a delicious flavor, especially as I prefer red peppers to carrots. Since I have a cold, I much needed the extra Vitamin C. This Chicken Soup tastes much better than traditional Chicken Soup. Thanks!