Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice Medley
In this no-fuss side dish, green peppers, cauliflower and broccoli share the stage with brown rice that's mildly flavored with soy sauce. We eat a lot of fresh vegetables, so this versatile combination is always well received.—Kara de la Vega, Santa Rosa, California
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules or 1-1/2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, soy sauce and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the green peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Stir vegetables and thyme into rice mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 199 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.