Broccoli Brown Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute rice until lightly browned. Add the broth, rosemary and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in the broccoli, almonds, sunflower kernels, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender and broccoli is crisp-tender. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 202 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 26, 2016
Very tasty!! Defiantly make this again.
Sep 1, 2015
Nov 18, 2011
Rice was crunchy first time I made this, so added 1/2 cup extra liquid and cooked for 55 minutes. Much better! Also, made it with carrots and peas for a change. Hubby loved it both ways.
Apr 28, 2010
This was a very good side dish with Asian ribs that I made.