Broccoli Brown Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute rice until lightly browned. Add the broth, rosemary and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in the broccoli, almonds, sunflower kernels, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender and broccoli is crisp-tender. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 202 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 26, 2016
Very tasty!! Defiantly make this again.
Sep 1, 2015
Nov 18, 2011
Rice was crunchy first time I made this, so added 1/2 cup extra liquid and cooked for 55 minutes. Much better! Also, made it with carrots and peas for a change. Hubby loved it both ways.
Apr 28, 2010
This was a very good side dish with Asian ribs that I made.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.