Carrot Brown Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrots in butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- Stir in the stock, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 231 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 20, 2016
Very tasty. I found that 2.5 cups of water was too much.
Jun 9, 2013
Good side dish!
Oct 17, 2012
I added some dried cranberries, 1 cup of peas, and some almonds (for crunch). My family truly loved it and cleaned it up. I learned that it needs to cook longer for brown rice, made my own veg. broth, otherwise, recipe was excellent. Mary