Carrot Brown Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrots in butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- Stir in the stock, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 231 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2016
Very tasty. I found that 2.5 cups of water was too much.
Jun 9, 2013
Good side dish!
Oct 17, 2012
I added some dried cranberries, 1 cup of peas, and some almonds (for crunch). My family truly loved it and cleaned it up. I learned that it needs to cook longer for brown rice, made my own veg. broth, otherwise, recipe was excellent. Mary