Curry Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup salted whole cashews
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the cashews, onions and seasonings; cook and stir until onions are tender, 2-3 minutes. Add rice; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 436 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Jul 22, 2018
Tried this recipe tonight. However didn't follow it completely. Instead of using packaged rice I used jasmine rice. Added vegetable stock, lemon juice and cloves as well, similar to how I make biryani rice. Also, I used coriander instead of green onions, and added chilli flakes for added punch. Tasted great and my family loved it. Thank you