Tomato Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a 3-cup microwave-safe dish, melt butter. Stir in the rice and onion. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned and onion is tender, stirring once. Add broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 13-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the green onion, tomato and parsley.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 216 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 12, 2018
I doubled this recipe. I don't know if it's because I used low sodium chicken broth, but I found this dish to be completely flavorless. I had to add a lot of salt.
Apr 10, 2014
Absolutely love this dish. My daughter requests to have this made a least once a week.
Mar 10, 2014
Quick and yummy side dish. I served this with the Salisbury Steak recipe from the same issue. It was fresh and light tasting.
May 26, 2012
Awesome, quick side dish to throw together! Will definitely do frequently. Although it said 2 servings, it served 4 quite well.