Asian Rice Pilaf
We love this rice pilaf that's loaded with veggies and a hint of gingery freshness. It's so versatile, and even the picky eaters in our family love it! —Teri Lindquist, Gurnee, IL
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-1/2 cups frozen peas (about 10 ounces), thawed
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute carrot, celery and onion until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in rice until coated.
- Stir in water, soy sauce, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Gently stir in peas. Cover and heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 233 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Vegetable Fried Rice in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.