Asian Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2-1/2 cups frozen peas (about 10 ounces), thawed
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute carrot, celery and onion until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in rice until coated.
- Stir in water, soy sauce, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Gently stir in peas. Cover and heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 233 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 19, 2020
This is a great recipe to serve with teriyaki chicken. I found the amount of peas to be more than needed - 1 1/2 cups would be enough. Will definitely make again!
May 4, 2020
Cracking recipe, dead easy to bash out! Wife used the last of the peas we had in so replaced with edamame beans and was perfect...
Feb 22, 2020
This so good, so easy and great for company!
Jan 6, 2019
This is delicious! It takes very little time to put together and cook. I didn't have my meal timed right and the rice was done 45 minutes too soon. Despite that, it was perfect! Not sticky at all. I made no changes to this recipe at all. This is a new favorite recipe!
Oct 17, 2018
This is a great 5 star recipe. Made it twice and just follow the recipe. No need to change a thing. Lots of flavor and will be making this often. Also made it for a friend and she loved it also. Thanks for the recipe, definitely a keeper.