Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups 1% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups frozen cauliflowerets, thawed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted.
- Place vegetables in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with ham. Pour sauce over ham. Place bread crumbs in a small bowl; spray with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle around the edge of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 227 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jan 13, 2016
Delicious...it was so good that my husband and I ate two full servings each...I used cornstarch instead of flour, almond milk and added some sauteed red pepper and onion for added flavor...a keeper!!! Thanks.
Jun 9, 2015
Feb 1, 2015
I really like this recipe. I used milk & used 1 cup shredded cheese since I did not have the parmesan. I used crackers crumbs instead of bread for the topping. It came together easily. I will make it again.
Nov 17, 2011
Even though I used real cheese instead of low fat. And whole milk, and a little extra seasoning, we found this very bland. We ate what was on our plates, and the leftovers went to the pigs.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.