Broccoli Orzo Bake
Orzo pasta makes this bake a sensational alternative to the classic broccoli casserole. There's a nice blend of cheese and a hint of mustard in the dish.—Shana Conradt, Greenville, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, Asiago cheese, milk, mustard and pepper. Stir in the broccoli, orzo, onion and red pepper. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Combine the mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over broccoli mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 160 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Orzo Bake in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.