Broccoli Orzo Bake
Orzo pasta makes this bake a sensational alternative to the classic broccoli casserole. There's a nice blend of cheese and a hint of mustard in the dish.—Shana Conradt, Greenville, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, Asiago cheese, milk, mustard and pepper. Stir in the broccoli, orzo, onion and red pepper. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Combine the mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over broccoli mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.