Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter and oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cauliflower, salt, pepper and nutmeg; saute for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over cauliflower mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 170 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 17, 2014
I used fresh cauliflower and microwaved it in a bit of water for a few minutes. This recipe was just okay for us. Will not make again as I have another recipe we prefer.
Dec 22, 2010
My picky daughter loved this recipe and has asked for it again.. Winner all the way around
Sep 29, 2010
I used fresh cauliflower. I cooked it in water for 5 to 6 mins. before I added it to the sauce pan. This was easy to make.