Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter and oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cauliflower, salt, pepper and nutmeg; saute for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over cauliflower mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 170 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 17, 2014
I used fresh cauliflower and microwaved it in a bit of water for a few minutes. This recipe was just okay for us. Will not make again as I have another recipe we prefer.
Dec 22, 2010
My picky daughter loved this recipe and has asked for it again.. Winner all the way around
Sep 29, 2010
I used fresh cauliflower. I cooked it in water for 5 to 6 mins. before I added it to the sauce pan. This was easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.