Browned Butter Roasted Cauliflower
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut stem ends off unpeeled garlic cloves. Wrap cloves in a piece of foil. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cloves are soft. Unwrap and cool to room temperature. Squeeze garlic from skins. Mash with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Place cauliflower in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with browned butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown and tender.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and roasted garlic; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 148 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 18, 2015
This was just ok. I didn't care for the lemon.
Mar 15, 2014
I won't make this again, wasn't very well liked in my family.
Mar 11, 2014
I made this as an attempt to make myself like cauliflower and succeeded! Wonderful!
Mar 5, 2014
Love that it puts a new twist on an old, boring veggie.
Feb 27, 2014
How delicious this was. Made this for a family Sunday dinner. Every one asked for the recipe !
Jan 27, 2014
Delicious! Sweet, nutty, and piquant...Thank you. Gina!