Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 7 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan; add 1 in of water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons bread crumbs. Add cauliflower. Pour cream over top. Dot with butter; sprinkle with remaining salt and bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 97 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 26, 2020
Easy and awesome! I only added sprinkles of dill and paprika. Family can't wait for the next time it's made!
Nov 6, 2016
Very quick and easy recipe to use up our cauliflower! Hubby liked it as well. Would like to try it with cheese sometime. Will make again.
Dec 18, 2014
Very quick and tasted great.
Mar 30, 2013
Quick easy and very good :o)
Apr 5, 2011
Easy, quick, and delicious. I'll be making this often!
Jan 10, 2011
The whole family liked this recipe. I used Italian bread crumbs. As a diabetic I've been looking for healthy tasty side dishes and this one is very good with only 10 grams of carbs!! I will definitely make this again.
Mar 10, 2010
I was happy to read,that it was from hungary,because i'm from Hungary.i also put some ground turkey(cooked,seasoned)on the bottom,and put the cauliflower on top of it,and sour cream on top!yummm
Oct 18, 2009
This is an excellent side-dish. I've even shared the recipe with both my mom and mother-in-law, who love it as well.
Mar 30, 2009
I tried this recipe and added 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the cream.Nancy, Delphi, IN
Aug 19, 2008
My mom used to make cauliflower similar to this recipe with white sauce, sometimes adding cheese. My 3 older brothers and I could hardly wait to dig in to this dish. Now I make it for my husband and me. Thanks Mom! Joscey from Oxford, NY