Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
For weeknight dinner I want something fast, easy and not ordinary. This mashed cauliflower side dish is a perfect substitute for mashed potatoes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, cover cauliflower with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until cauliflower is tender 10-12 minutes; drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Immediately remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer; discard peppercorns, garlic and bay leaf.
- Add cream mixture to cauliflower. Mash to reach desired consistency.