Cheddar Mashed Cauliflower
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground black pepper, optional
- In a Dutch oven, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cover and cook until tender, 5-10 minutes. Drain. Mash cauliflower with the milk, rosemary and salt. Stir in cheese until melted. If desired, top with additional fresh rosemary and coarsely ground black pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 122 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Dec 15, 2013
I added chopped jalepenos and black pepper for more flavor. Yummy!
May 12, 2012
This was great! I used one pretty large head of cauliflower, skim milk, and 1/2 cup of cheese. No rosemary.
Jan 1, 2012
I don't know if I'd make this again. My family thought it was tasty but as a substitute for mashed potatoes, it was a total failure!
Nov 26, 2011
My guests loved it.