Creamed Broccoli and Cauliflower
You can change the cheese in this recipe to suit your tastes. I use whatever I have on hand. Cheddar adds a nice flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place the first three ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm. In another small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add American and Parmesan cheeses; cook and stir until cheeses are melted. Pour over vegetables and serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 155 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Creamed Broccoli and Cauliflower in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.