Creamed Broccoli and Cauliflower
You can change the cheese in this recipe to suit your tastes. I use whatever I have on hand. Cheddar adds a nice flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place the first three ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm. In another small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add American and Parmesan cheeses; cook and stir until cheeses are melted. Pour over vegetables and serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.