Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms
When my family was snowed in one time, we had to make do with what we had on hand, so I was able to put this recipe together. I find that it is very versatile and takes only 10 minutes to make from start to finish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Add spinach; cover and cook for 1 minute or until wilted.
- Stir in the cream cheese, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 266 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
May 23, 2012
This recipe was easy and we enjoyed it. When I cleaned up I noticed quite a bit of the "cream" was left on the bottom of the pan. Maybe I should have cooked the mushrooms longer so that the liquid reduced.