Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms
When my family was snowed in one time, we had to make do with what we had on hand, so I was able to put this recipe together. I find that it is very versatile and takes only 10 minutes to make from start to finish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Add spinach; cover and cook for 1 minute or until wilted.
- Stir in the cream cheese, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 266 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Creamed Spinach and Sauteed Mushrooms in Reminisce April/May 2009
May 23, 2012
This recipe was easy and we enjoyed it. When I cleaned up I noticed quite a bit of the "cream" was left on the bottom of the pan. Maybe I should have cooked the mushrooms longer so that the liquid reduced.