Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- Preheat grill or broiler. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and green onions until tender. Stir in spinach and pecans until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Grill, covered, on an oiled grill rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat on a greased broiler pan until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes per side. Top with cheese; grill or broil until cheese is melted. To serve, top with mushroom mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 203 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 25, 2018
My family and I loved it. It really was easy to make.
May 22, 2018
May 20, 2018
I left out mushrooms as i hate them. Chicken was delicious.
May 19, 2018
One of my favorite meals
May 19, 2018
Not what I would normally call a "smothered" dish but definitely a good sauce over a cheese topped chicken breast. Very nice
Apr 27, 2018
Excellent recipe; easy to make. I added some minced garlic and vermouth to the spinach mixture. I cut chicken breasts into quarters, brushed them with oil, sprinkled on the seasoning, and broiled them in my convection toaster oven. I served mashed turnips as a side dish. Definitely a keeper!!!!
Apr 6, 2018
Delicious. I used butter instead of olive oil - used about 4 T - and salt and pepper and Weber’s herb and garlic. Cooked it on the grill. Didn’t have provolone cheese so used Havarti. Was great!
Mar 5, 2018
So delicious! Very easy to make. I used a different seasoning for the chicken. Use what you have on hand. Will be one of our favorites to have again and again.
Feb 7, 2018
Feb 1, 2018
very easy and delicious
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.