- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14.4 ounces) frozen pearl onions, thawed and drained
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 13 cups)
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add pearl onions; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach; cook, covered, until spinach is wilted, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1/2 cup: 307 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.