Mushroom-Spinach Cream Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups milk
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in spinach. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 179 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 21, 2018
Delicious soup! There's too much Italian seasoning for my taste so next time I'll cut it down by half or less, but we will loved it! I'll be making this again and again!
Nov 13, 2011
I didn't have a variety of mushrooms on hand, just white mushrooms, so I found the soup didn't have much flavour, but we liked it enough for me to make it again. I will try different mushrooms and seasonings.