Spinach Sausage Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups fresh spinach or frozen chopped spinach
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the broth, potatoes and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain sausage. Add sausage and spinach to broth mixture; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 239 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 1308mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Jul 15, 2017
Simple and good...not crazy about using seasoning packets but it really gave the soup a good flavor...garnished the soup with freshly grated Parm.
Jul 16, 2014
This tastes good and was very easy to make. :) It feeds a crowd!
Jul 4, 2012
We really enjoyed this soup!
Nov 8, 2011
I tweaked this recipe by adding sauteed onion, garlic, and bacon. I also added some hot pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. At the very end, I put in about two cups of light cream. I had many compliments on this dish. It ended up tasting like an improved version of a certain chain restaurant's Italian sausage soup. I would definitely make it again.
Feb 27, 2010
Very yummy...like another review suggested, I thickened with cornstarch at the end. My husband said it tasted like a soup at "Olive Garden" Easy, quick, & healthy.
Jan 1, 2010
Absoutely wonderful! I used turkey sausage.
Oct 24, 2009
I left out the italian seasoning and added 1/2 c. of heavy cream and 1/2 t. of red pepper falkes. If you want the broth thicker, just add one T. cornstarch mixed with cold water at the last.
Oct 17, 2009
Outstanding!!! I used polish sauage instead of italian. We ate the whole pot!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.