Spinach Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh or chopped frozen spinach
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, onion and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook until spinach is wilted and mixture is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 280 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 7, 2016
Making this tonight because I wanted to use up a pkg of frozen spinach. Have everything but the whipping cream will use evap milk as a substitute i guess. I think sausage added would be wonderful as previously reviewed but don't have any ugh. Do have some ham though so will use that. Will update when I get finished.
Feb 8, 2011
Very good soup! I did make a few modifications though, ended up using chopped onion and garlic sautéed in butter, then adding the water and chicken bullion. Overall my family enjoyed it very much and next time I think I'll add some kielbasa.