Spinach Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh or chopped frozen spinach
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, onion and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook until spinach is wilted and mixture is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 280 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 7, 2016
Making this tonight because I wanted to use up a pkg of frozen spinach. Have everything but the whipping cream will use evap milk as a substitute i guess. I think sausage added would be wonderful as previously reviewed but don't have any ugh. Do have some ham though so will use that. Will update when I get finished.
Feb 8, 2011
Very good soup! I did make a few modifications though, ended up using chopped onion and garlic sautéed in butter, then adding the water and chicken bullion. Overall my family enjoyed it very much and next time I think I'll add some kielbasa.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.