Mushroom Potato Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute leeks and carrots in 3 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, potatoes, dill, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaf from soup. Stir in mushroom mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Sep 5, 2017
Just made this it's pretty delicious
Jan 6, 2015
We really enjoyed this delicious soup! It was so easy to make and is areal keeper!
Oct 5, 2014
My family LOVED this soup. First weekend in October - yum! Lots of dicing, especially since we doubled the recipe, but completely worth it. Thank you!
May 4, 2014
I make soups for my husband to take to work. He LOVED this soup! I will definitely make it again.
Nov 17, 2013
Family ate until they hurt. Cheesy buiscuts on the side are great.
Oct 8, 2013
No adjustments needed. Absolutely amazing as is!!! Simple enough to make to boot!
Sep 26, 2008
This is absolutely delicious and very quick & easy to prepare. My family loved it! "It's a keeper!"