Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 662 calories, 37g fat (20g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1362mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2019
This was really good and easy! I did add Italian seasoning and garlic powder, since there weren't any spices listed and we don't care for bland food. Both my husband and I ate 2 serv. ea., my daughter only had one. She's not crazy about Italian sausage. And, we have some leftovers, for lunch! Will also try it with ground beef and smoked sausage, sliced.
Jun 11, 2018
My entire family ate this up! I told my picky 13 year old that the spinach was "herbs" and she ate it up. The only thing I added was some garlic and pepper. Def very rich. If you like spicy I can see where hot Italian sausage would be good. This will be in our regular rotation now!
Apr 22, 2018
The entire family loves this recipe, and they request it every week! Thank you!
Feb 14, 2017
This was very good, came together quickly and the leftovers were excellent. Janet. VFE
Jan 16, 2017
made this for my 3 adult men and they loved this it was a hit and easy to make
Oct 30, 2016
This was WONDERFUL. It tasted like something you'd get from a very popular pasta restaurant. I cut this in half for just my husband and I, and served it with garlic knots. Because I had cut it in half, it seemed about ready in 20 minutes. I put the cheese on and baked it for about another 5-6 minutes. This was so tasty, I can't wait to make this again!
Oct 26, 2016
Aug 3, 2016
Jun 22, 2016
This was very creamy and tasty. the flavors worked well together.
Feb 13, 2016
Great pasta dinner! Made this last minute so didn't bake in oven. Straight from stove it was excellent! Used spicy Italian sausage. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home I enjoy preparing dishes that can be easily adjusted to my family's busy schedule.