Parmesan Creamed Spinach
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add spinach and cream cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is smooth and spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 217 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Mar 1, 2019
I add 1 tbs of onion powder when I add the garlic to the olive oil and butter. I take a 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and add it after the cream cheese has melted all the way and you have a creamy thick sauce but I add a 1/4tsp of potato starch to the Parmesan cheese before, it stops it from stringing while your adding it to your roux. This is a wonderful recipe and my Grandma from Hungary would love it as well.
Jan 21, 2019
This wasn't a big hit in my family. Only thing I did different then the recipe was chop the mushrooms instead of slice them.