Parmesan Creamed Spinach
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add spinach and cream cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is smooth and spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 217 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 1, 2019
I add 1 tbs of onion powder when I add the garlic to the olive oil and butter. I take a 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and add it after the cream cheese has melted all the way and you have a creamy thick sauce but I add a 1/4tsp of potato starch to the Parmesan cheese before, it stops it from stringing while your adding it to your roux. This is a wonderful recipe and my Grandma from Hungary would love it as well.
Jan 21, 2019
This wasn't a big hit in my family. Only thing I did different then the recipe was chop the mushrooms instead of slice them.