Parmesan Creamed Spinach
This rich and creamy spinach dish takes minutes to make. If I'm expecting guests, I'll double or triple the recipe. —Leann Ross, San Tan Valley, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add spinach and cream cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is smooth and spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 217 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Parmesan Creamed Spinach in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.