Cream of Broccoli Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine water and bouillon. Add broccoli and onion. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, parsley and pepper; add to broccoli mixture. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 329 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1077mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 31, 2016
Delicious and hearty! A short-cut recipe, but if you're looking for a quick 'semi' homemade soup - this is it!
Jan 27, 2016
This was an ok soup. Next time, I will need to make just a few adjustments for it to be a great soup. My family agreed it had an "artificial" flavor that comes from using canned soup. Even though I used my own chicken stock, the canned soup over powered the delicate balance. I ended up adding grated cheddar cheese to keep everyone happy.
Nov 11, 2014
Very good even my kids liked it and they are very picky
Oct 30, 2014
Delicious, easy and hearty. Everything a soup should be. I serve it with a bit of grated cheddar cheese on top. This is definitely a keeper of a recipe.
Sep 24, 2011
have made this soup for years and we still love it!
Jun 21, 2010
This was a very easy recipe to make and i really liked the way it turned out.. I think next time im goint to try a can of cream of potato and cream of chicken instead of both cream of chicken
May 26, 2009
I also have tried frozen and fresh cauliflower in place of broccoli...my family likes it even more.
Jul 3, 2008
I like to use a can of condensed cheddar soup instead of 1 of the cans of cream of chicken. I then add some sharp cheddar cheese to create broccoli cheddar soup. This is a very easy recipe!