Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, onion and raisins; refrigerate several hours or overnight. Just before serving, combine broccoli, cauliflower, water chestnuts, bacon and almonds in a large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 548 calories, 44g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 1043mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2012
This is one of my favourite salads. Next time I think I to will also substitute cranberries for the raisons.
Jul 1, 2010
I substituted sunflower seeds for the water chestnuts and used turkey bacon. I skipped the almonds. Our fellowship loved it.
Dec 25, 2009
Tasty and easy to make salad. Made the dressing the night before and added dried cranberries instead of raisins.