Sunflower Broccoli Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the broccoli, bacon, onion, raisins and sunflower kernels. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; stir until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 290 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 22, 2012
I also add cauliflower and use splenda in place of real sugar as i'm diabetic and when I take it places no one ever knows the difference in taste. I add the raisins just before serving as it will darken the cauliflower. YUMMY dressing!
Mar 28, 2010
Everyone that I've served this salad to loves it! We often add shredded carrots to it.
Aug 20, 2009
My family thinks this recipe is good just as is.
Mar 11, 2009
I use white grapes cut in half instead of raisins. Sherri1219
Jan 29, 2009
Use coleslaw dressing instead.Cranberries or mixed dried fruit is better than the raisins.