Apple Grape Broccoli Salad
I found this recipe in a local newspaper several years ago and reworked it to my family's taste. So far everyone who has it asks for more! It is a perfect fast and easy dish.—Mary Javor, Hastings, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, apples, grapes, raisins, pecans and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 362 calories, 27g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 18, 2014
Forget the raisins, I added cran raisins I took this to a family gathering and it went over very well.
Jul 3, 2011
I would use less sugar next time, maybe cut it in half?