Broccoli-Cauliflower Cashew Salad
I make this salad often in summertime. It is very refreshing, healthy and low in calories. If I want to make it into an entree, I add chicken or shrimp along with cooked pasta.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2/3 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, stir in cashews.