- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 container (16 ounces) refrigerated fresh salsa
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley or cilantro leaves
- Cut cauliflower into florets. In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place cauliflower in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, until tender, 6-8 minutes. Remove cauliflower and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl; toss with salsa, garlic oil and pepper; stir in parsley. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving, or up to 2 hours.
3/4 cup: 73 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.