Broccoli Cauliflower Combo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 38 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Mar 26, 2015
I am always looking for new ways to make broccoli and cauliflower so I decided to try this. It was easy to make. It smelled delicious while cooking. The finished product was just so so. My husband liked it so I will probably make it again. I may tweek the ingredients a little though. I liked the method of cooking I just wanted it to taste different. I don't really like basil so that was probably the culprit.
Jan 4, 2010
Made this recipe for Christmas dinner and everyone loved it even people who claimed to normally not like broccoli or cauliflower!