This is our choice for a side dish that's lower in carbs than mashed potatoes, but just as flavorful and satisfying. I suggest garnishing it with chopped green onions. —Tina Martini, Sparks, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook, covered, 8-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain.
- Mash cauliflower, adding cheese, butter, seasonings and enough milk to reach desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 160 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 718mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Mashed Cauliflower in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013