Asiago Mashed Cauliflower
Asiago and fresh parsley help turn this healthier mashed potato alternative into a flavorful side dish that won't leave you feeling guilty or completely stuffed. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place cauliflower and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until very tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
- Transfer to a food processor. Add the cream cheese, Asiago cheese, butter, parsley, pepper and remaining sea salt. Process until blended.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 239 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Mashed Cauliflower with Asiago & Parsley in Taste of Home February/March 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.